Ghostride the Whip movie trailer
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Saturday, June 2, 2007
News For 6-2-07
Ontario Teen Steals Kim Mathers’ Phone, Calls Eminem

An 18 year-old aspiring rapper from Windsor, Ontario recently found himself in hot water after calling Eminem from his ex-wife’s cell phone. According to the Windsor Star, Kyle Pratt stole Kim’s phone while she was smoking a cigarette in front of his family’s Windsor bingo hall. Pratt took the phone about a month ago and returned it shortly thereafter, but he copied down the personal numbers of Em and Obie Trice before handing it over. A short time later, Pratt decided to call the Detroit rapper and ask him to listen to his demo. “He was a real a–hole,” Spratt said. “He pretended it wasn’t him and he did a fake voice.” After the call, Pratt was contacted by the Detroit Police and was told to quit harassing the superstar rapper. Pratt, who recorded his conversations with the police and Em, then used the recordings on a song called “Slim Sellout,” which he posted on his MySpace page. The song attracted 1,400 hits to Pratt’s page, but was removed on Wednesday, and on the same day, the teen received a visit from Windsor detectives. Apparently, Kim Mathers was concerned that Pratt was going to post pictures of her children from the phone on the internet. Pratt denies the allegation and says it was all a misunderstanding. “She assumed that I took pictures off her phone, which I did not. (The police) said that Kim thinks that I’m going to put out pictures of her kids that were on the phone, which is not true.” Mathers declined to press charges against the young man, who lost his job at the bingo hall, saying he had already suffered enough.
Def Jam Records Upsets North Carolina High School

On a recent trip to a Charlotte, North Carolina high school — Myers Park High — Def Jam Records and their promotional team handed out free gifts, such as umbrellas, posters, lip-gloss and CDs. But according to WCNC.com, the school, as well as student’s parents, complained that CDs with vulgar lyrics were handed out without their approval. The trip by Def Jam’s promo team, which was approved by the school, was supposed to be a reward for students with good behavior. But according to Assistant Principal Carlos Grant, “They handed out some things that we were not aware of, definitely vulgar.” Subsequently, the school banned Def Jam from the campus and sent out phone calls to student’s parents letting them know what happened. “I don’t think they’d be very happy at all,” Grace McEwen, a student told WCNC. “My mom would probably complain.” McEwen’s mother, Grace, feels the school’s intentions were in the right place and blames the Def Jam promo team. “I think the school did it [in a] well-intentional manner,” Grace McEwen told WCNC. “I’m not upset with the school. I’m upset with the individual who took advantage of the situation.”
Kanye plans to "Graduate" sooner than expected

Following the release of his widely acclaimed “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” mixtape, news has come that Kanye West is planning to release his new album “Graduation” early.
Originally slated for a September release, according to Def Jam representatives, “Graduation” will now hit stores some time in August. His 1st single/video from the album, the West/ DJ Toomp produced & Hype directed “Can’t Tell Me Nothin” debuted on his site last Friday.
One of the most anticipated albums of the year, it is said to include collaborations with with his G.O.O.D music family, and even Coldplay’s Chris Martin.
Nas Collabos With Dead Prez

In a recent interview with MTV News, conscious Hip Hop duo Dead Prez revealed details of their numerous collabos with Queens MC, Nas.
“We’ve done quite a few songs with Nas,” said M-1. “We have had a relationship for years. Stic had did a song with just him on it. And I did a song with just me and Nas on it. I don’t know when it’ll surface yet.”
Though the duo’s voice has been relatively absent in the mist of controversy such as the Don Imus Scandal and the Sean Bell Shooting, M-1 says he and Sticman have their fair share to say.
“People don’t have political clarity. And young people are not clear on their positions and not able to speak. I don’t know if you consider me young or not,” said M.”
I can tell you my position comes from an informed political stand. ... A lot of positions are ambiguous. ... The leadership has not emerged to be present enough to speak out … I’d be interested to see who does have a position that could give clarity to what is happening now”
“Al [Sharpton] and Russell [Simmons],” he continued. “I think they are more into ambulance-chasing than actually grinding out [a] position that makes sense. I think it’ll take some sincere forces that don’t have any interest in anything other than changing our community and making things better.”
The duo, who are currently looking for a label to release their next joint project will be releasing a couple of records in the near future.
Stic is currently putting the finishing touches on his solo lp.
50 Cent hooks up with Gizmoz

Digital avatar service Gizmoz has expanded their market as of late, investing over $6 Million dollars into venture capital funding, and brokering deals with several mainstream artists, most notably, 50 Cent. Gizmoz software offers the user the capability to create talking, animated avatars which are able to deliver personalized messages.
Gizmoz entered an agreement with 50 Cent and other artists to use their voice and likenesses to coincide with their software launch. They intend for most users to utilize the program for leaving MySpace messages, which visitors will be able to scroll through, and listen to.
An 18 year-old aspiring rapper from Windsor, Ontario recently found himself in hot water after calling Eminem from his ex-wife’s cell phone. According to the Windsor Star, Kyle Pratt stole Kim’s phone while she was smoking a cigarette in front of his family’s Windsor bingo hall. Pratt took the phone about a month ago and returned it shortly thereafter, but he copied down the personal numbers of Em and Obie Trice before handing it over. A short time later, Pratt decided to call the Detroit rapper and ask him to listen to his demo. “He was a real a–hole,” Spratt said. “He pretended it wasn’t him and he did a fake voice.” After the call, Pratt was contacted by the Detroit Police and was told to quit harassing the superstar rapper. Pratt, who recorded his conversations with the police and Em, then used the recordings on a song called “Slim Sellout,” which he posted on his MySpace page. The song attracted 1,400 hits to Pratt’s page, but was removed on Wednesday, and on the same day, the teen received a visit from Windsor detectives. Apparently, Kim Mathers was concerned that Pratt was going to post pictures of her children from the phone on the internet. Pratt denies the allegation and says it was all a misunderstanding. “She assumed that I took pictures off her phone, which I did not. (The police) said that Kim thinks that I’m going to put out pictures of her kids that were on the phone, which is not true.” Mathers declined to press charges against the young man, who lost his job at the bingo hall, saying he had already suffered enough.
Def Jam Records Upsets North Carolina High School
On a recent trip to a Charlotte, North Carolina high school — Myers Park High — Def Jam Records and their promotional team handed out free gifts, such as umbrellas, posters, lip-gloss and CDs. But according to WCNC.com, the school, as well as student’s parents, complained that CDs with vulgar lyrics were handed out without their approval. The trip by Def Jam’s promo team, which was approved by the school, was supposed to be a reward for students with good behavior. But according to Assistant Principal Carlos Grant, “They handed out some things that we were not aware of, definitely vulgar.” Subsequently, the school banned Def Jam from the campus and sent out phone calls to student’s parents letting them know what happened. “I don’t think they’d be very happy at all,” Grace McEwen, a student told WCNC. “My mom would probably complain.” McEwen’s mother, Grace, feels the school’s intentions were in the right place and blames the Def Jam promo team. “I think the school did it [in a] well-intentional manner,” Grace McEwen told WCNC. “I’m not upset with the school. I’m upset with the individual who took advantage of the situation.”
Kanye plans to "Graduate" sooner than expected
Following the release of his widely acclaimed “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” mixtape, news has come that Kanye West is planning to release his new album “Graduation” early.
Originally slated for a September release, according to Def Jam representatives, “Graduation” will now hit stores some time in August. His 1st single/video from the album, the West/ DJ Toomp produced & Hype directed “Can’t Tell Me Nothin” debuted on his site last Friday.
One of the most anticipated albums of the year, it is said to include collaborations with with his G.O.O.D music family, and even Coldplay’s Chris Martin.
Nas Collabos With Dead Prez
In a recent interview with MTV News, conscious Hip Hop duo Dead Prez revealed details of their numerous collabos with Queens MC, Nas.
“We’ve done quite a few songs with Nas,” said M-1. “We have had a relationship for years. Stic had did a song with just him on it. And I did a song with just me and Nas on it. I don’t know when it’ll surface yet.”
Though the duo’s voice has been relatively absent in the mist of controversy such as the Don Imus Scandal and the Sean Bell Shooting, M-1 says he and Sticman have their fair share to say.
“People don’t have political clarity. And young people are not clear on their positions and not able to speak. I don’t know if you consider me young or not,” said M.”
I can tell you my position comes from an informed political stand. ... A lot of positions are ambiguous. ... The leadership has not emerged to be present enough to speak out … I’d be interested to see who does have a position that could give clarity to what is happening now”
“Al [Sharpton] and Russell [Simmons],” he continued. “I think they are more into ambulance-chasing than actually grinding out [a] position that makes sense. I think it’ll take some sincere forces that don’t have any interest in anything other than changing our community and making things better.”
The duo, who are currently looking for a label to release their next joint project will be releasing a couple of records in the near future.
Stic is currently putting the finishing touches on his solo lp.
50 Cent hooks up with Gizmoz
Digital avatar service Gizmoz has expanded their market as of late, investing over $6 Million dollars into venture capital funding, and brokering deals with several mainstream artists, most notably, 50 Cent. Gizmoz software offers the user the capability to create talking, animated avatars which are able to deliver personalized messages.
Gizmoz entered an agreement with 50 Cent and other artists to use their voice and likenesses to coincide with their software launch. They intend for most users to utilize the program for leaving MySpace messages, which visitors will be able to scroll through, and listen to.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
News For 5-30-07
50 Cent Isn't Laughing That Much

A lot of talk has been circulating as of late regarding the Coca Cola acquisition of Vitamin Water and just how much investors, namely 50 Cent, have netted.
Initially, reports indicated that investor and company spokesman, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, would receive up to $400,000,000 for his 10% stake of the company. However, according to MSN, a spokesperson for Energy Brand released the following statement:
“While 50 Cent and many other world re-known celebrities have very lucrative and fruitful partnerships with our brand, any report stating personal figures of ownership in our company are erroneous at this time. Glaceau and Mr. Jackson have a deal in place that grants him partial ownership in his own brand. Both parties remain excited about the future of our relationship.”
In related news, rumors of Interscope execs not being happy with the lack of public interest in 50 Cent’s latest single, Straight To The Bank, may have contributed to his third LP, “Curtis”, being pushed back to a September release. According to MSN, 50 is also said to be frustrated and is attempting to salvage the situation.
The Game Ready to Leave The Industry?

In the past 2 years, there hasn’t been an artist to make such an impact on the rap industry than Compton native The Game. After his multi-platinum album “The Documentary” dropped in 2005, Game’s status within the industry exploded, launching him into superstar status. Even though one would think that The Game would continue to make an impact on hiphop by being the West Coast’s most notable figure, it now seems that Game has other ideas, as the rapper revealed in QD3’s latest installment of “Beef IV” that his third album would, most likely, be the last of his career.
“I think three classic albums are good for me, you know? I got my point across. I was a prominent figure on the West Coast and a bigger figure in Hip-Hop as a whole. I think I made my impact enough for my name to be said and remembered.”
During the interview, Game also went on to thank Dr. Dre for launching his career: “Dr. Dre, working with him and him molding me and and helping place me among Hip-Hop’s elite MC’s is good enough for me,” he said. “Last album. One more to go.”
Being in the spotlight and having been involved with numerous beefs, most notably with G-Unit, Game explained that as of now, it was time to take a break: “Right now I’m taking a break from Hip-Hop and enjoying time with my family and my friends.”
There hasn’t been an official statement by Game regarding the situation outside of the “Beef IV” DVD, however it remains to be seen if The Game will actually follow through with his comments.
Remy Ma Claims Phone Sex Message Is Not Real

Last week, rumors circulated on the Internet that former Terror Squad MC, Remy Ma, left a sexually explicit voice message for Ralphige, a Miami-based jokester who’s gained notoriety by prank calling artists such as Michael Jackson, Method Man, Chamillionaire, Akon and others. During the voice message, Remy Ma leaves a message for an unknown individual, asking if he would like to receive oral sex. But according to a representative for Remy Ma, the voice message is not real and was intended to be a skit on her upcoming album. “This is not a real voice message,” Remy’s management team says. “Remy recorded this as a skit for her upcoming album, PunishHer, and the wrong person got a hold of it and is now trying to use it against her by fabricating this false story and then releasing it on the Internet. This is nothing more than a vicious attempt to slander Remy’s character and image.
A lot of talk has been circulating as of late regarding the Coca Cola acquisition of Vitamin Water and just how much investors, namely 50 Cent, have netted.
Initially, reports indicated that investor and company spokesman, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, would receive up to $400,000,000 for his 10% stake of the company. However, according to MSN, a spokesperson for Energy Brand released the following statement:
“While 50 Cent and many other world re-known celebrities have very lucrative and fruitful partnerships with our brand, any report stating personal figures of ownership in our company are erroneous at this time. Glaceau and Mr. Jackson have a deal in place that grants him partial ownership in his own brand. Both parties remain excited about the future of our relationship.”
In related news, rumors of Interscope execs not being happy with the lack of public interest in 50 Cent’s latest single, Straight To The Bank, may have contributed to his third LP, “Curtis”, being pushed back to a September release. According to MSN, 50 is also said to be frustrated and is attempting to salvage the situation.
The Game Ready to Leave The Industry?
In the past 2 years, there hasn’t been an artist to make such an impact on the rap industry than Compton native The Game. After his multi-platinum album “The Documentary” dropped in 2005, Game’s status within the industry exploded, launching him into superstar status. Even though one would think that The Game would continue to make an impact on hiphop by being the West Coast’s most notable figure, it now seems that Game has other ideas, as the rapper revealed in QD3’s latest installment of “Beef IV” that his third album would, most likely, be the last of his career.
“I think three classic albums are good for me, you know? I got my point across. I was a prominent figure on the West Coast and a bigger figure in Hip-Hop as a whole. I think I made my impact enough for my name to be said and remembered.”
During the interview, Game also went on to thank Dr. Dre for launching his career: “Dr. Dre, working with him and him molding me and and helping place me among Hip-Hop’s elite MC’s is good enough for me,” he said. “Last album. One more to go.”
Being in the spotlight and having been involved with numerous beefs, most notably with G-Unit, Game explained that as of now, it was time to take a break: “Right now I’m taking a break from Hip-Hop and enjoying time with my family and my friends.”
There hasn’t been an official statement by Game regarding the situation outside of the “Beef IV” DVD, however it remains to be seen if The Game will actually follow through with his comments.
Remy Ma Claims Phone Sex Message Is Not Real
Last week, rumors circulated on the Internet that former Terror Squad MC, Remy Ma, left a sexually explicit voice message for Ralphige, a Miami-based jokester who’s gained notoriety by prank calling artists such as Michael Jackson, Method Man, Chamillionaire, Akon and others. During the voice message, Remy Ma leaves a message for an unknown individual, asking if he would like to receive oral sex. But according to a representative for Remy Ma, the voice message is not real and was intended to be a skit on her upcoming album. “This is not a real voice message,” Remy’s management team says. “Remy recorded this as a skit for her upcoming album, PunishHer, and the wrong person got a hold of it and is now trying to use it against her by fabricating this false story and then releasing it on the Internet. This is nothing more than a vicious attempt to slander Remy’s character and image.
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)